These cookies are my happy place right now.
I’ve spent the last week baking batches after batches after batches (9 to be exact) of gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free funfetti cookies and cream donuts. Sounds amazing, right? I am not a gluten-free baker. To be specific, I am not really a baker at all. That’s why it’s so surprisingly awesome that these cookies have turned out ahhmazing.
Needless to say, there has now been a total meltdown that I happened to be a part of, and it did not end well. So these cookies are officially my life raft of happiness.
I found vegan white chocolate chips from King David on Amazon and when you order them they come with three bags filled with delicious, melty, crave-worthy white chocolate chips. The heavens are smiling on these little guys right now. I thought about making the white chocolate myself but then said, “eh, better not.” and ordered these little delights. They do not disappoint.
This Friday I am heading down to Biloxi for a night with a friend and can.not.wait. You know sometimes when the week has just been tiring and you need someone to physically pull you away from whatever you’re doing just for a little bit so that you can get that bang, pop, smack, bag into your life?
We’re going to a talk/meeting/speech type thing about customer service (maybe I can apply it to this here bloggio?), then getting our nails done, having dinner, and relaxin’. My kind of day if you ask me.
These cookies have been made and demolished three times this week. Demolished meaning hands grabbing faster than you can say chocolate and mouths practically inhaling the goodness. And you know what’s best? Half of my family members that actually ate them had no idea they were dairy-free. I love it when that happens.
The white chocolate seems to harden once the cookies cool down, so stick them in the microwave or back in the oven for a few seconds before you have your fifth in one day. And no, they aren’t just “healthy” because they are dairy-free. Unfortunately.
Also, if you’re anything like me, you know where the party is at: dump one of these cookies in a big bucket (cup) of vanilla almond milk and get ready for the biggest foodie ride of your life.
Yumtastic all up in here.
- ½ cup coconut oil or vegan butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, cream together the coconut oil or butter and cream cheese.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and lemon extracts and whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk until a dough consistency is formed and the mixture is sticking to your whisk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough in your hands into balls half the size of your fist, and place on a large baking sheet with a silpat or wax paper. Press down slightly on the balls with your palm so they are in the cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
If you just want plain white chocolate chip cookies, I would use vegan butter instead of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons vanilla instead of lemon extract.