Well, I don’t know about you guys, but we are officially celebrating the holidays where I am. Christmas music, lights everywhere, trees galore, and awesome late night popcorn by the fire with my favorite green blanket (sorry, Hannah). Oh yeah, welcome to the holiday season.
Woo! It’s exciting!
And you know what goes perfect with the holidays? A breakfast wreath!
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yummy, yum, yum. That’s all I’m saying.
Fun fact: I highly dislike breakfast. I don’t know if you’ve noticed my lack of breakfast posts thus far, but that’s why. I don’t eat breakfast, never have. It’s just not my thing. Now, breakfast for dinner? That’s totally my thing. But breakfast for breakfast? Not so much.
I only make one exception to this: holidays! I love breakfast during the holidays because that’s when all the family gets up late and we just enjoy each others company and make some crazy food that is really tasty and totally not healthy, but so good.
I don’t know if this wreath is that healthy, but it’s amazing. And dairy free. And so easy to make on a busy holiday morning when you’re celebrating with your family and either don’t want to spend time cooking, or want to get the kiddos involved. It also allows whoever has a dairy allergy in your house to seriously enjoy breakfast and not feel left out. Booshk. (It’s a Vivian word, just go with it.)
This breakfast wreath will get your family moving with its robust flavors and the taste is just, yum.
I can’t brag about it enough.
I put spinach, onions, and turkey sausage in my breakfast wreath, but I’m sure there’s so many more options to add to the wreath that will create the equal amount of goodness that mine had.
Bacon? Go for it. Tomatoes? Absolutely. Daiya cheddar cheese? My mouth is watering.
I can’t wait to make this for my family this holiday season, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 can of Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls dough 8 count (YES! They are dairy free! YAY!)
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup spinach
- ⅓ cup onion
- 6 fully cooked turkey sausage links
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahreinheit.
- In a small skillet, heat and cook the turkey sausage, set aside.
- Roll out dough onto a pan covered in parchment paper (wax paper) and arrange into a "wreath" like the picture above.
- Sautee onions in olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
- When onions are slightly brown, add the spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into the skillet with spinach and onion, cook.
- Cut the turkey sausage into round pieces and lay along the wreath.
- Pour the eggs, spinach, and onion around the inside part of the wreath.
- Fold the small side of each piece of the crescent triangles over the eggs, sealing the wreath together.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve it up, enjoy! :)
P.S. This is what my town looks like during this time of the year…
It’s pretty magical, isn’t it?