For your weekend enjoyment…
You know when you feel like a week has just thrown you under and you’re drowning? Yeah. That’s been my week.
I’ve been working on a super exciting project all week, and I’m now totally ready to crawl into my bed all weekend and get through the next season of Bones (I’m on season 5, can it get any more exciting than this? Booth and Brennan = the best couple on tv).
But before I do that, I am going to reward myself by devouring this cutie of a salad.
Fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, tangy creamy vegan dressing, what? Is it possible to have a salad that amazing?
Yes, yes it is.
I also found this adorable watermelon cutting board to cut my watermelon on.
I can’t even.
So stinkin’ cute.
Like I said, I’ve been working on a super exciting new project that won’t just make me happy, but you happy as well (if you like looking at my face. Eh, maybe not that exciting then).
Meanwhile, I’m currently staring outside at the gorgeous weather and wearing shorts for the first time this year. Booyah.
I’ll see you on Monday.
If you need me, I’ll be holed up in my cozy room catching bad guys and solving crime because I’m just awesome like that.
- ½ of a small organic watermelon
- ½ of a large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the cashews and water in a small bowl and let soak for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When the cashews are done soaking, pour them and the leftover water in to a blender or food processor.
- Blend the cashews. Add the other dressing ingredients and blend on high until the dressing reaches a thick and creamy consistency. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, place the arugula and cherry tomatoes then add the cucumbers.
- Cut out small circles (the size of the cucumbers) of the watermelon, place them on top of the cucumber pieces.
- Stick toothpicks in each cucumber and watermelon stack.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and enjoy.