It’s Monday, and you know what that means…
Since Halloween is just around the corner, I’m trying to keep it fresh by doing halloween themed lunchboxes!
How fun would this be to take to school?
This lunchbox is loaded with easy-to-make delicious bring to school and come home empty goodness!
There’s a delicious sandwich mummy with turkey and olives, spooky ghost bananas, pumpkin hummus, strawberries, and lady finger carrots.
Mwah hah hah ha.
Halloween is feared by all food allergy kiddos, and I want to change that!
There’s nothing to fear about this here lunchbox.
It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, and offers tons of nutritious and flavorful snacks to keep you full for the rest of the afternoon.
I’ll be talking about this in a blog post in the next few weeks, but spread the word about the teal pumpkins. Teal pumpkins are placed on doorsteps that offer allergy friendly halloween trick or treating. Double awesome! Visit this website for more info and make sure to paint those pumpkins teal to show your support! I hope that everyone, no matter what your dietary needs might be, can have a safe and super cool Halloween.
And in the meantime, take this yummy spooktacular lunchbox to school and have all your friends squeal with excitement!
- gluten-free sandwich bread
- mini vegan chocolate chips
- mini carrots
- almond slices
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup pumpkin
- pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Cut the sandwich bread into small squares. Layer them with turkey and any other condiments and add to a lunchbox compartment. Place slices of olives on top for eyes.
- Cut the bananas in half and place three mini chocolate chips on each for the eyes and mouth. Place in another one of the lunchbox compartments. Spooooky.
- Use a little bit of mayo to stick the almond slices onto the carrots. Place in a lunchbox compartment. And there you have it!
- Mix together the hummus and pumpkin. Add the nutmeg and cinnamon and you've got yourself some easy pumpkin hummus. Place in another lunchbox compartment.
- Add the strawberries in the last compartment and you're ready to go!