Warning: this lunchbox is dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and you-can’t-top-this-eiffel-tower delectable!
It’s another beautiful Monday! And guess what I just saw in my planner? TOMORROW IS THE OFFICIAL START OF AUTUMN. Is this for reals? Pinch me, I must be dreaming. But seriously, I’m so excited.
I just got home from a week in Dallas and I am loving.this.weather. I had a great birthday and am ready to carry on with some awesome recipes this week! I also went to some of the best restaurants and can’t wait to share all about them. You’re in for a treat.
Let’s talk about this lunchbox for a minute. I ate this thing for dinner it was so good. Like gobbled it right on up. I made my favorite turkey quinoa meatballs for the sandwiches, and used my favorite Mario Batalli tomato sauce, and zoodles can’t be beat, and melon wrapped prosciutto?
Can I please go back to Italy now?
The countryside is calling my name.
Basically I’ve just summed up happiness in a box. If you’re one of those kids that really loves a filling lunch at school, and you get hungry easily, and you need enough energy to conquer the monkey bars at recess, then this lunchbox is right up your alley. Filling yet tasty yet oh.my.goodness.where.did.all.those.flavors.come.from.
Do you think that was a proper sentence? Don’t tell the teacher and I’ll make you another lunchbox. You and me, we understand each other. Bargaining is a beautiful offering, my friend.
By the way, do you say fall or autumn? I grew up calling it fall but I feel like autumn is so elegant and beautiful sounding.
Too much pressure on a word?
- Heat the tomato sauce in a small pot on low heat until warm.
- Cut the buns in half and place on a baking sheet in the oven on broil for 30 seconds.
- Fill with meatballs and top with ¼ cup tomato sauce and place back in the oven for 10 more seconds. Place in the large lunchbox compartment.
- Place the zoodles (zucchini noodles) in another compartment and top with the remaining ¼ cup tomato sauce.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the cantaloupe cubes and place in the last compartment.
- Heat up in the microwave before eating.