Warning: this lunchbox is dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and can’t-keep-your-pants-on-so-let’s-party flavorful! Consumers of this lunchbox might be so excited to eat it that they just can’t stop dancing. Viewer discretion is advised.
Happy Monday! We are starting off fresh here on Vivian & Me with a new post series called Lunchbox Monday! I’m so excited to share with you some great and extra delicious lunchbox ideas each Monday to add to your weekly school lunchbox repertoire. I encourage you to try these lunchbox ideas even if you don’t have an allergy, because trust me, they pack a punch!
I’ve decided to start off strong with one of my favorites: the breakfast box. Because who doesn’t love breakfast for lunch?
Not me! Not me! Not me!
This lunchbox is oozing with deliciousness in every corner, literally, you’ve got yummy soy yogurt with granola in the top right, fresh fruit salad in the bottom right, and the whole left side is taken up with waffle and sausage shish kabobs complete with a side of maple syrup to drizzle (drown) your waffles and sausage in! Oh my mackerel!
You will for sure be the cool kid at school if you walk into the cafeteria today with this sucker. Just saying.
The breakfast box is only just beginning a string of wonderful recipes and restaurant posts I’ll be bringing to you this week on Vivian & Me. I’ve been cooking away in the kitchen and can’t wait to share with you some more great gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, and egg free recipes!
This week is also my last official week of summer because I start my own school (AKA college) next Monday! You know that feeling when you’re like totally bummed to get back into school mode but totally excited to actually do school again?
Okay. I see how it is.
Regardless of if you like going to school or not, I promise that this lunchbox will get you running to school with excitement to share with your friends! They’ll be like, “what do you have there? A party in a lunchbox? I want a party in a lunchbox! HOW COOL!”
I’m telling you, this lunchbox is magic.
You’ve basically got a gold mine for lunch today. How special you are. And you better not forget to tell Mom, thanks!
- 2 Van's gluten-free waffles
- 4 fully-cooked turkey sausage links*
- Granola of choice**
- 1 Stonyfield O'Soy strawberry yogurt
- Fruit, sliced
- Gluten-free maple syrup
- 2 skewers
- Toast the waffles in a toaster oven and heat up the sausage in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of water or in the microwave for 3 minutes. When done, cut each waffle into four pieces and cut each sausage in half. Place a waffle piece on a skewer, and then place a sausage piece on top, repeat until you have a shish kabob. Do the same thing with the other skewer. Place in the lunchbox.
- Pour your yogurt in to a thermos or section of the lunchbox, and place the granola on top.
- Place the fruit in the last section of your lunchbox. Enjoy!
**The granola brand I used says that the granola is processed in a facility that uses soy, peanuts, and milk. The best and safest granola to use is Enjoy Life, they just weren't in stock at my local grocery store.
Get ready for round 2.