Guys. Guys. Guys. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding. Guys.
I have officially fallen in love with chia seeds. I’m a full blown chia seeds activist.
I wasn’t sure at first. It took three other tries to find success in this pudding, but I think every single effort was well worth it. Dark chocolate (in this case Enjoy Life semisweet chocolate chips that taste like dark chocolate. boom.) and peanut butter is the perfect mixture for this pudding.
If you are a fan of tapioca pudding (I so am) you.will.love.this.
And if you’re not, you will still love it.
For those of you who have some food texture issues, I tried blending the chia seeds up in the coffee grinder prior to combining the dark chocolate/peanut butter mixture. It was not the same. Not the same at all.
But if you really are not a “tapioca” consistency fan, I’m sure you could try blending the pudding up after it sets and it will probably be good. But I just say, go for the full thing and deal with the tiny balls that might (possibly. maybe. okay, for sure.) be floating inside there, they are not scary, they are extra tasty. You will love them. I promise. If not, I will personally buy you a coffee or make you some muffins. That’s how much I believe in you and your ability to try new things… I’m applauding you right now.
By the way, have you guys seen The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon? He’s blowing it out of the park. I’ve stayed up late (hey, 11:30 for me is super late) almost every night watching the show. And I have never watched the Tonight Show live before. Needless to say, I am loving it.
Back to the pudding.
I bet Jimmy Fallon would like it. He would.
I love making this before bed and then waking up to an awesomely decadent yet healthy treat for breakfast. I also love it as a dessert. I recently went to a birthday party that had this amazing homemade cake that I almost thought would be worth it to eat some. Thankfully I talked myself out of it by reminding myself that I had this chia pudding back home.
Thank you pudding.
My favorite way to eat it is with banana slices and apple honey (it’s vegan.. apple honey is da bomb).
All I have to say about this pudding is one hashtag: #winning
- ⅔ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk (if you use almond milk it will burn the milk and taste gross, rice milk might work)
- Vegan apple honey
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate in a small pot over low heat.
- When completely melted, add the milk and maple syrup and mix together until smooth.
- In a mason jar, pour in the chia seeds, then pour the liquid on top.
- Using a spoon, mix it all together and set aside for ten minutes. Mix again and then let cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Top with bananas and apple honey. Enjoy for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or dessert.