So this happened.
But I’m so happy it did.
Accident + ends up tasting good = happy accident. And this was such a happy accident.
You know how when you can’t eat something, you instantly crave it? That’s how I feel about ranch dressing. I never really liked it that much (except dipped in carrots while at a picnic) when I ate dairy. But once it was gone, I had cravings for ranch dressing like you’d never believe.
I was creating a recipe for buffalo chicken dip (which will be coming later this week) and one of the main ingredients for the perfect buffalo chicken dip is ranch dressing. So I thought, why not go for it? I took on trying to make a ranch dressing that was just good enough to enhance the amazing dip I was making. But it turned out to be so much more than that. So.much.more.
I accidentally made the best dairy-free ranch dressing ever. Like on this earth, or maybe in our whole universe. I’m reaching for the stars here people.
And it’s so simple. I couldn’t even believe flavor like that could come from the simple mixture of apple cider vinegar, soy milk, and mayonnaise. Like what? But it happened, it did. And before I scarfed it all down I restrained myself long enough to take some pictures.
Do you know what it feels like to have a carrot dipped in ranch dressing that you haven’t eaten in four years? Well you’re about to. Let me know if you heard the angels sing like I did.
This ranch dressing is not so good that it’s making me lose my mind.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (if you're allergic to soy, another kind of milk will be fine)
- In a small bowl, make "buttermilk" by whisking the apple cider vinegar and milk together. Let sit for 10 minutes and whisk again. Light curds should form.
- In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chives, dill, garlic, and parsley together.
- Pour the "buttermilk" into the mayonnaise mixture until reached desired consistency.
- Top with chives and serve with carrots and celery. Could also be served on a salad.
Happy accident… see for yourself.