Well, I discovered two things today:
1. Sometimes no matter how good a food item tastes, it can still look awful.
2. I absolutely stink at slicing and coring apples.
Lesson learned, life goes on.
I know these pictures are not my best, but seriously, these apple sandwiches taste good enough to make up for my awful slicing skills.
I’ve seen a lot of apple sandwich recipes, but they all have peanut butter in them and that’s no bueno for our nut butter allergy friends. So I introduce you to sunbutter, my new favorite alternative nut butter. It’s so good. I could eat the whole dang jar.
On a side note, I am a seriously avid reader. Like I read the Twilight series in a week, Delirium series in three days, and the first two Divergent books in four days (unfortunately, I can not get through the last one, someone please tell me there’s a light at the end of this bad book tunnel).
I saw on instagram the other day that someone had posted how good The Night Circus was, and every single person that commented only had a good thing to say about it. So I bought it and plan to start reading it like tomorrow. But once I finish that, I don’t know what to read next.
These past few months I’ve been in a serious novel reading slump.
Someone please save me.
Comment below with your favorite books; I’d love to read them! Maybe we could start a book club and then become besties!
(Because all of my friends are incompetent readers. Example: in high school, a friend/classmate brought a coffee table book as his novel to analyze FOR THE SEMESTER. I kid you not. My friends are not book people, but I somehow love them anyway.)
- 2 apples of your choice (preferably big enough to make large slices with)
- 1 16-ounce sunbutter jar
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ lemon
- Core the apples and then slice about a quarter inch thick until you have 8 slices.
- Place the apple slices in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice on them to keep from browning. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sunbutter, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, and honey together.
- Spread the sunbutter mixture onto a slice of an apple, then place the other slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Do this until you make four apple sandwiches.
- Lick your fingers and enjoy!