Hey Mom and Dad, I’m talking to you. You deserve a little break every once in a while. Especially during this time of year, when life is filled with family and happy chaos.
Tonight is one of those times after putting the kids to bed, where you both can sit by the fireplace, curled up on the sofa, with the Christmas tree lit up, romantic holiday music playing, and enjoy a big slice of these easy campfire (yes, I can put some marshmallows on top and call it a day) skillet brownies.
I say easy because they are a box mix. Yep, Duncan Hines is my jam. They seriously deliver on amazing box mixes for us dairy-free people, and I love love love their brownies.
I literally make them for any occasion, or just when I’m feeling some brownies, which is like all.the.time.
These upcoming few weeks known as the holiday season can be total bliss. The unforgettable time to talk about old memories and spend time together making new ones. Where you can catch up on movies and sing carols with friends, and all your family gets to be together for a short while.
It’s like this short moment in time that’s carved out every year where true life doesn’t exist and this alternate universe is your life instead. Happiness, joy, and love is all around. And time together is precious and enjoyed.
It’s in this magical space that make these brownies perfect. They make your laughs lighter, your tummies fuller, and your time together sweeter. They melt in your mouth with a decadent chocolate flavor that is rich and gooey all at once. And the roasted marshmallows on top ooze into each little crumb of the brownies so that when you bite into them you get a perfect crunch and chew all at the same time. It’s almost too good to be true.
Happy holidays, to you.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Handful of marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the brownie mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small greased cast-iron skillet. Place in the oven and bake for 25 - 28 minutes. Remove from oven, place handful of marshmallows on top, and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown.
- Serve with coffee and enjoy on a cold winter's night.